May 27, 2020 updates bolded below
70 West Family and Guests,
As we are all aware, we have been thrust into a new world that no one anticipated or were prepared to address. We have been presented with unprecedented hurdles and considerations that we now face as a church family. As your Elders, we have been first and foremost in constant prayer as we consider the ramifications of the Coronavirus, how it will impact each of us as individuals, families, and collectively as a congregation of God’s children.
We understand and share the concerns of the congregation for the protection of our physical health, but more importantly, our spiritual health and wellbeing. We share the desire to fulfill the commands of God to worship Him in prayer, song, scripture, remembering our Savior’s death in the Lord’s Supper and giving. We have an obligation not only to one another as a church family but to our community as well, to limit our risk of being a large mechanism for the spreading of the virus.
With all of this in mind, through much prayerful consideration of scripture, we believe the following will be protective of both the physical and spiritual wellbeing of the 70 West congregation:
- Keep the congregation, our community and our country as a whole in your prayers. As you know and we want to emphasize, none of us have immunity from this virus. If you are exposed, you will most likely contract the virus.
- We strongly encourage you to stay at home under all circumstances including worship services if you have any of the following :
- Definite exposure to Coronavirus
- Have underlying health issues such as diabetes, heart disease, lung disease, etc.,
- In a high-risk age group, 50 and older. Be aware, the CDC may lower this threshold in the coming days.
- Displaying symptoms of illness: fever, cough or shortness of breath.
- Sunday Worship services and Bible study for the 70 West family will follow this schedule until further notice:
- 7:45 AM – Worship at the building for high-risk individuals.
- 8:45 AM – Bible Study (auditorium only) both at the building and live-streamed on our Facebook page and YouTube channel
- 10:00 AM – Worship both at the building and live-streamed on our Facebook page and YouTube channel
- Sunday PM worship will not be held at the building. For those wishing to partake of the Lord’s Supper, it will be made available at 6:00 PM.
- Wednesday Evening Bible Study will be held at the building.
- 7:00 – Regular Devo
- 7:15 – 8:00:
- Auditorium Bible class with Michael. This class will be live-streamed on our Facebook page and YouTube channel for those maintaining isolation.
- Outdoors Bible class with Billy, either pavilion or breezeway depending on the weather for 7th – 12th grades. This will not be live-streamed but will be recorded and streamed immediately after Michael’s 9:00 online bible study. It will go out live on Zoom for remote participants.
- MPB Bible class for kindergarten – 6th grade. If you have a small child and wish to attend, we encourage one parent to be present to assist in maintaining social space.
- All other scheduled group activities are postponed or canceled until further notice.
- We strongly encourage all to use Bible study or worship times, not held at the building, for personal and/or family worship in your homes.
- All services and Bible classes held at the building will be live-streamed on our Facebook page: facebook.com/airportroad. As always, all sermons will be available on our website and YouTube channel the day after. Additional Bible study and lesson resources are also available on our website.
- Please remember during this time, the financial obligations of the congregation will not stop.
- If you feel it is necessary to worship from “house to house” during this time to limit your risk of exposure to Coronavirus, please, please feel free to do so but do so under the pattern and authority of the Elders who watch over your souls.
Brothers and sisters, please take the current situation seriously. Protect yourself and those around you.
Reach out and care for those in need both in God’s family and our community while taking measures to
limit your risk of exposure.